Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choc-Choc-Chocolate Souffle!

Having never done this before, I thought it was high time for me to try my hand at the delicate art of the souffle....

might as well make it Chocolate!


Buttered ramekins....Ready!
(then coat with granulated sugar)


Melted 8oz. of semi-sweet chocolate and 4 tablespoons of butter in a double-boiler...


Nicely melted...now add 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 
and 1 tablespoon of Grand Marnier....
Glossy and beautiful!


8 egg whites beaten to stiff peaks...thank god I have a stand-mixer...whew!
(with 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar and 2 tablespoons of Confectioner's Sugar)


6 egg yolks beaten with simple sugar syrup
(1/3 cup of granulated sugar melted in 2 tablespoons of boiling water)

Fold it all together and what do you get?


Chocolate Souffle!!! Ready to be frozen and baked whenever you need them.
(Bake frozen in 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes)

I'll post the baked pictures after I bake them...fingers crossed, hope they come out alright!

After freezing the 4 ramekins, I took two over to a friend's place for dessert....400 degree oven, 22 minutes...


and here is one that's unbroken....


I think it would have risen higher if it wasn't frozen beforehand, but with the freezing, I can keep chocolate souffles in the freezer and ready for anything/anytime!

And it came out delicious...crisp exterior, light moussey interior...retained all of the lightness and chocolate flavor!!! FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment